Ivan Kuznetsov — editor, journalist and writer with 6 years of experience. I help to create and distribute content about outdoors, eco-tourism, travel and other related topics. My speciality is the interviews, user generated content (UGC) and customers’ personal experiences. I’m local in two regions: Dolomites, Italy, and Karelia, Russia/Finland.
Skills & Work Directions
- Make interviews and UGC (user generated content) with bloggers, experts, influencers and customers.
- Edit and write other editorial, marketing and product content in different formats: from news to long reads.
- Help to make content for PR and native advertising.
- Write seo-friedly texts, that Google likes.
- Adapt content for social networks, Instagram stories, etc.
- Make and run content plan and editorial policies, work with freelancers.
Jan 2014 — present (6 years)
Freelance and project work for leading travel editorials and companies: Bird In Flight photo magazine (Depositphotos.com), Windy App (#35 in Weather in App Store), OneTwoTrip OTA in London, Linguatrip (500 startups), BlaBlaCar, Visit Finland, Central Park of St. Petersburg and others.
- Published 156 travel interviews (2.1m views) — the most of the Russian-speaking journalists.
- Published 102 articles about outdoors, eco-tourism, Italy and Finland (700k views), as well as 45 articles about personal experience of traveling and remote work.
- Created three popular rubrics on the website of biggest Russian travel TV channel My Planet, where many other authors now write articles with 10k+ views.
June 2018 — January 2020 (1,5 years)
Managing Editor of leading local travel company in Montenegro (car rental and tours).
- Launched a modern blog from scratch and released 300+ posts in different formats.
- Wrote and edited 30+ seo-texts, which went to first pages in Google.
- Engaged well-known bloggers in the region to participate in the project through interviews and UGC.
March 2017 — June 2017 (3 months)
Editor-in-Chief of HelloGuide.ru — world aggregator of Russian speaking guides, resident of “Skolkovo Startups Academy Program — 12’’ (biggest Russian Startups Center), Moscow.
- Helped founder to take 1st place in the competition of ideas of “Startups Village Conference 2017” and to receive grant of 15 000 dollars for growth.
- In one month remotely created and organized 10 new excursions with guides in Saint Petersburg, Moscow and Sochi.
- Attracted guides, which never before made an excursions or didn’t cooperated with such an aggregators.
March 2015 — March 2017 (2 years)
Author — Editor — Managing Editor of Arrivo.ru — online travel guide and media of digital advertising agency Arrivo, Moscow.
- Published 50 interviews with famous Russian speaking travel bloggers, experts and influencers, that helped editorial to move further from SEO-based to more creative content and increase the loyalty of audience.
March 2013 — present (6 years)
Volunteer of European Volunteering Service (EVS) in the Center of Environmental Education of the biggest Italian ecological association Legambiente. Now I’m independent volunteer of local tourist center and association in Lamon, Dolomites, Italy.
- I help to promote eco-tourism and outdoor activities in the region through participation in tourist events of local tourism office and my own activities like creative hiking in Airbnb Experiences, publications in media, lectures, etc.
- I have strong personal and professional connections with local community and tourism companies.
- Attract locals to participate in my own projects.
Other Work Experience
- Sept. 2007 — March 2013 (5,4 years). Product Manager Assistant and Advertising Department Assistant in Nevskaya Palitra Artistic Paints Plant, Saint Petersburg.
- Sept. 2007 — June 2010 (2,7 years). Manager of Commerce Department in “Central Park “Elagin Island”, Saint Petersburg.
Marketing and Commerce Specialist, Nizhny Novgorod State University, 1999—2005.
Skills, Software and Languages
- Skills: leadership, management, written and verbal communication, journalism, editing and creative writing, PR, content marketing, base SEO and UX-writing.
- Software: Google Docs, Adobe Photoshop, Skype/Zoom, Slack/Trello, Notion, Typeform, WordPress and other CMS, Readymag/Tilda and other website builders, Jira.
- Languages: Russian — native, English (CFE B2), Italian — basic (A2).
Other Travel, Creative & Media Experience
- Participant of Work & Travel USA, two arts residencies in Spain and Finland, Buddhist retreat and institute in Himalayas.
- WOOFer in France and Greece, couchsurfer with 27 positive references, postcrosser with 200+ exchanged cards.
- Author of two books: the first collection of interviews with famous Russian speaking travelers “I’m arriving” and travelogue about working in ecotourism in Dolomites “The Trail”.
- Author of three croudfunding campaigns (1000 dollars, 110 sponsors).
- Active participant of the biggest Travel Startups community in Russian Facebook (17k participants).
- Made 14 lectures, meetings and webinars.
- Airbnb Experiences guide and Airbnb host in Dolomites, Italy.
Outdoors (hiking, cycling, kayaking), ecotourism, sustainability, environment, photography, self-education, media, travel startups, Italy and Finland.