Travel to the mountains from Treviso or Padua with first 6 o’clock train for a creative day hike in the Dolomites and return home in the same day with no over night stay.
8 h 🥾
Sum ’21 🌏
What Will You Do
— For 8 hours you will to come to a non-touristic mountain village in less than 100 km from Treviso, Venice, Padua, Vicenza, Verona or Trento. Your local guide will be an outdoor journalist.
You will meet at a train station in the city of Feltre, which is called one of the “doors to the Dolomites”. We will basically open these doors, walk through the city and take a bus ride (30 min) higher in the mountains (600 m).
In the village, like at home, we will continue to open the doors and explore local life as it is: walk the same streets as Italians walk, meet and make friends with them, visit 8th-century church on a hill with a 360 degree view on the mountains of National Park of Belluno Dolomites, make half-day hiking along the ancient Roman road Via Claudia Augusta to a hidden beautiful lake.
During the hike you will learn about the nature, traditions, culture, and modern life of two mountain valleys: Feltrino and Primiero, and the Dolomites in general.
You will get to know each other with a guide, share life and professional experience and just reboot and have fun. Some new words and phrases in Italian (and even Russian) will help you to understand this area better, communicate with locals and make a positive impact on their life. From them you will learn their life vision and some practical tips on how to live simpler, hike stronger and create better.
At the end of this creative day hike in the Dolomites, you will come back to Feltre and home.
My name is Ivan. I’m an outdoor journalist and writer. I live and make creative hiking and cycling in the Dolomites since 2013, when I first came… and stayed here. I fell in love with the place: both nature and people. I finished local school of environmental education, walked and rode hundreds of paths and roads on my feet and on my bike, wrote a several books on my experience in the Dolomites. I know the nature, traditions and modern life in community very well and will share my knowledge with you.
- Dates: every day from June 1, 2021.
- People: 1—5 person. We are children, families and couples-friendly.
- Languages: needed basic English, Italian or Russian.
- Start: from Treviso/Padua with the first 6 o’clock train to Feltre to be here at 9 o’clock. That means, that only from these two cities there are very early trains. If you are in Venice or Verona you will need to come to Treviso/Padua the night before. Check the schedule and buy tickets at Trenitalia.com, learn how to travel in Italy by trains.
- Finish: Feltre at 18 o’clock, then back to Treviso/Padua with a train or directly for Venice, Verona, erc.
- Duration: 8 h walking and hiking, including 1 h break for the lunch, 4 hours in the trains and buses, totally: 12 h.
- Level of difficulty: easy (not high climbs).
- Total hiking distance: around 10 km.
- Drinks and food: a picnic at the lake from the product we will buy in a supermarket, then some drinks in a bar.
- Things to take: good hiking boots or shoes, jacket, raincoat or umbrella.
- Gifts from a local: one of the beautiful and useful paper product from the Creative Dolomites Bookstore.
“I want life to be different after the hike, because it just can’t be the same.” — Irina, communications specialist from Feltre
“This great journey has given me mountains of new things. I’ve learned a new side of myself that I’ve never seen before.” — Tanya, photographer from Moscow
“The main impression is not even how beautiful the mountains it is, but understanding of what incredible heights you can climb.” — Katya, analyst from Moscow
Bigger Than Outdoor
Participating in this creative day hike in the Dolomites you are not only discovering the region through outdoor activity you like or want to try for the first time, but becoming a part of The Creative Dolomites Project (CDP), a friend and a family member, as we say in Italy. Making this hike possible we are helping to development of sustainable tourism in the region. This leads to positive changes both on a trail of your life and the life of a local communities in two mountain valleys: Feltrino and Primiero. Learn more about the concept and the particular impact we make.
Photos © Ivan Kuznetsov, Irina Serdukovskaya, Tatiana Kuznetsova and participants of creative hiking in the Dolomites.